An air purifier is often the best tool of defense for people with allergic conditions, or for homes that suffer with pet odors, dust and molds. On the other hand, people who experience bloody noses, chapped lips and dry sinuses usually run for humidifiers to help them relieve such problems. Fortunately, today you don’t have to buy both an air purifier and a humidifier to enjoy the benefits that come with both devices. If you buy one of the best air purifier humidifier combo devices, you will forever live in a house circulated with clean, dirt free air that is also humid enough to prevent respiratory problems but not too humid to bring mold related infections to you.
So, how do you know which devices to buy? After months of research, interviews with consumers and testing some of the most popular air purifier humidifier devices, we came up with a list of the following top rated and highly efficient devices.
- Venta Airwasher
- For rooms: up to 400 sq ft
- Air purifying and humidifying: no filter, water is the filter; cold water evaporation technology
- Other: 2 gallon capacity, No "white dust"
- Dimensions: 11.8 x 13 x 11.8
- Sharp KC-850U
- For rooms: up to 254 sq ft
- Air purifying and humidifying: True HEPA and Plasmacluster technology (CADR for Dust 164 / Smoke 164 / Pollen 174)
- Other: Energy Star rated, automatic air quality monitoring, noise level 19 dBA on Low
- Dimensions: 14.9 x 10.5 x 23.1
- Dreval D-850
- For rooms: up to 430 sq ft
- Air purifying and humidifying: HEPA; Antimicrobial; Cold Catalyst; Activated Carbon Filters
- Other: Negative Anion Release, remote control, UV Ultraviolet Sterilise Light
- Dimensions: 14.1 x 22.2 x 7.6
- Honeywell HCM-350
- For rooms: medium size
- Air purifying and humidifying: Wicking filter, Protec Antimicrobially Treated Filter
- Other: Self Regulating Evaporative System, 2 gallon tank, 3 speed settings, QuietCare performance
- Dimensions: 18.6 x 10.4 x 13
- Aromatherapy ZHIKE
- For rooms: medium size (25x25)
- Air purifying and humidifying: ultrasonic technology, FAN technology
- Other: ultrasonic atomisation that diffuses essential oils into the air, serves also as night light
- Dimensions: 6.7 x 6.7 x 5.1
- New Comfort Water Air Purifier
- For rooms: up to 500 sq ft
- Air purifying and humidifying
- Other: also acts as an aroma diffuser
- Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 8
Top 6 Air Purifier Humidifier Combos
Venta Air washer 2-in-1 Humidifier and Air Purifier
The Venta 2-in-1 air purifier and humidifier offer incredible humidification and air purification services for rooms as big as 400 square feet.
It is square shaped and designed to clean out dirt or pollen particles without the help of air filters or cartridges.
Instead, it uses a series of internal disks which draws in impurities and pollen and then traps them into the water it uses for humidification purposes.
The device’s water tank holds up to three gallons of fresh water, which means that it can humidify an 800 square foot house for several hours.
- Combo air purifier and Humidifier
- Low water Indicator
- Auto shut off in case its tank runs out of water
- Easy to clean or maintain
- 3 Fan speed
- Whisper silent operation, which only produces 42Dba.
How does it Work?
Unlike many other combo air purifiers that contain a humidifying function, this device doesn’t use filters at all. With its German filterless air purification technology, dry indoor air gets drawn in by rotating fans and is then directed into a stack of rotating disks. These disks are what actually trap the dirt, pollen, odors and any other impurities that may be in your house.
Usually, the disks dip in and out of water constantly as they rotate around and trap dirt. Once all impurities are dumped into the device’s water tank’s water, clean moisturized water gets released via evaporation; thus raising the humidity levels in your house as well as air quality.
While the device lacks a humidity control feature, it comes with an auto shut off feature and doesn’t attract “white dust” like most of its competitors do. However, this device is still one of the best air humidifiers you can get. With its two gallon capacity, most consumers have attested that the device could efficiently get their houses humidity to optimum levels for very long hours.
The air purification feature is also quite efficient, especially if you use the medium or high fan setting. And bearing in mind that the device does not use air filters or use an ionic system that could produce ozone, it is definitely one of the most risk free air purifier humidifier combos you can get. Finally, the device weighs only 8.5 pounds, which means that you can always parry it around and place it in the rooms you wish to.
Sharp KC-850U Plasma Cluster
While still in its box, this device looks quite huge. But alas! Get it out of the box and you get a medium sized 20lbs weighing air purifier that can also humidify your house to optimum levels. Does it look good? It is simply incredible.
It is white colored with sharp edges and a smart digital screen could add aesthetics to any type of interior decor. In fact, its white casing takes a diamond pattern, plus the green blue and red colors on its digital screen will definitely make you fall in love with it.
But that’s not all; underneath its stunning design is amazing features that give it the efficiency that has garnered it many positive reviews in multiple air purifier humidifier combo reviews.
If you hate a noisy machine like everyone else does, then the Sharp KC 850U is a device you would like. Set it at the low fan speed and you will hear almost no noises. With the medium settings however, you may hear some white noises that most probably won’t affect you. The high fan speed setting does produce high noises, although it is very efficient and could modify or purify air in your house at a fact speed.
How it Works
The KC 850U uses a patented Plasma cluster technology for both air purification and humidification purposes. The technology works by releasing positive and negative ions in the air which react with water vapor in the air, produces a product known as hydroxyl and end up oxidizing the pollutants. By the end of it all, your room is left with a clean, humid feeling, one that is refreshing and breathe taking.
In addition to the plasma cluster technology, Sharp KC works with a true HEPA filter to help eliminate pollen and small micron dirt particles in your house. And as a bonus, you easily clean off the trapped dirt particles thanks to the device’s design, which pops the particles off at its back. It also has a water tank, which helps humidify your house for about 10 hours. Unfortunately it lacks a remote control or a filter indicator, which means that you have to personally decide when you should replace the HEPA filter.
Finally, the device is best suited for medium sized rooms, probably 240 square feet rooms. But as we had earlier stated, the device’s dash board lights up quite attractively well, and its efficiency will make you just love this device.
Dreval D-850 Air Purifier Cleaner Humidifier
With an air purification efficiency rate of 99.7% and the capability to humidify your house to optimum levels, it is no wonder that the Dreval D-850 is branded as one of the top air purifier humidifier combos. In addition, the many modern features and ease of usability makes this a perfect buy for anyone on a low budget.
Cold Catalyst Filter
The most unique feature about this device is its cold catalyst filter, which can efficiently “catch” ammonia; benzene, hydrogen sulfide and other dangerous gases and decompose them into harmless byproducts with the help of the oxygen gas in your house. And the good thing, you get to enjoy this filter for up to five years this air purifier humidifier could serve you. But maybe you probably are not exposed to all the already mentioned gases, but most furniture pieces, wall papers and carpets do release some harmful gases in small proportions.
Activated Carbon and HEPA Filters
When it comes to purifying air, nothing does a better job than a device that contains both activated carbon and a true HEPA filter. This device’s cellular carbon filter helps clean out large dirt and pollen particles, molds, odors and spores before the stubborn particles are directed to the HEPA filter.
As the manufacturer claims, the D-850 is capable of purifying room air with an efficiency rate of 99.97%. Isn’t that impressive? And going by the fact that this device has a HEPA filter, an antimicrobial filter that helps eliminate bacteria and spores, and an intelligent odor sensor, this device is a true air purifying monster.
Ultraviolet Sterilize Lights
In addition, to an odor sensor that automatically adjusts the machine’s fans based on the room’s air quality, a 245nm ultraviolet light lamp helps kill a variety of the most stubborn bacteria and viruses with utmost efficiency. Note also that the device does produce negative ions into your house for freshening purposes.
The device comes with an inbuilt humidification function that is effective at optimizing humidity levels in your house. And with a house with optimum humidity, your quality of respiration improves, your skin stays moisturized, you experience less body fatigue, and you could improve your body metabolism immensely. Finally, with a noise level of about 30dBA you can almost be certain that you won’t get distracted while the device runs. It weighs on average 14.3 pounds and is suited for rooms as big as 430 square feet.
Honeywell UV Germ Free Cool Moisture Humidifier
There is no better air purifier and humidifier for someone on a tight budget than the Honeywell UV device. It might lack a few of the high end functions and digital smart features, but with its less than a $100 price tag, you get more value from it than you would get with some pricey models.
To start with, it promises dirt, pollen and general air purification with an efficiency rate of 99% percent, which is definitely the best you can get from any purifier. It is suited for large rooms, and its room cooling capabilities could keep your house humid for up to 24 hours.
If you love good looking machines, the UV Germ-free model will certainly impress you. It takes a rectangular shape albeit with curved sleek edges that surely look good. Its white and blue colors also give it some aesthetics, and so does bottom stout stands that add stability and sturdiness to it. While it is only 18 inches steep, the device does hold many functions and features onto it.
To start with, it comes with a self-regulatory evaporative system that ensures your house stay humid and cool at all times. In fact, as many air purifier humidifier combo reviews noted, this device is capable of keeping your house cool up to three times more than most other low budget devices.
Like most air purifiers, it comes with three-speed settings for its fans, with each level deciding how efficient the device will be. At the low setting, which is most preferable for night sessions, the device produces almost no noise. In the medium setting, the device produces noise levels that are lower than that of a normal conversation.
It is at this stage where you also get the most suitable air purification and humidification in your house without risking on energy bills. The high fan speed setting offers the most efficient and fastest humidification but comes with the risk of consuming more power or producing more noises.
Based on its powerful self-regulating vaporization mechanism, the Honeywell UV Germ-free device is more suited for moisturizing your house as opposed to air purification. Don’t get it wrong though, because it does both functions, but you will enjoy more if what you want the most is an optimally humid house.
ZHIKE Humidifier Air Purifier
Frankly speaking, the ZHIKE humidifier air purifier belongs to a class of the very best rated air purifier humidifier combos. This device is perhaps the most popular air purifier and humidifier combo you can get anywhere.
It has been reviewed hundreds of times on the Internet, and thousands of its consumers have always rated it highly.
And if you love Yoga, or you experience sleep disorders or you love to read, listen to me closely because this is a device you should consider buying.
- Great Healthcare Functions. People who experience sleep disorders or who have anxiety issues can comfortably calm down by just dropping a few droplets of essential oils into the device before lighting it up. It has worked for thousands of people before, one reason why many air purifier humidifier combo reviews give it high ratings.
- Refresh your Skin. You buy an air purifier, and in return, they give you a device that takes care of your skin and respiratory issues. Isn’t that great? Just add your favorite skin products into the device or any air freshening liquids, and off you go.
- Fully efficient Combo Device. When you buy the ZHIKE device, you get more than an air freshening device. You get a fully functional and efficient air purifier that can also keep your house humid for up to ten hours. The device’s technology is built to diffuse not only aromas but also air, and with an efficiency rate of up to 97%.
- Ease of Use and Great Design. There are many mysteries to the ZHIKE air purifier humidifier, and its design is just one of them. With the looks of a calabash and features that transcend most people’s expectations of an air purifier, the device is certainly the best you can get. The calabash design is definitely a stunner, but the fact that you need to learn very little about how it works or how you should maintain it makes it a great buy for many.
- Durable. Rarely do you hear manufacturers give a money back guarantee with their air purifiers, but this one does. It comes with a 90-day money back warranty plus a waterless auto shut off feature that ensures it serves you for a longer period of time.
Water Based Air Purifier Humidifier
While it is small and may not belong to the class of the very best rated air purifier humidifier combos, this water based device offers so much for its less than $100 dollar price tag that it is availed by almost all websites that’s sell these devices.
To start with, it functions as an air purifier, a humidifier, an air sanitizer, for aromatherapy purposes, an air deodorizer, and a fragrance machine. Again, it costs less than $100 and is efficient in almost every function listed above.
- Efficient at humidification. The water based air purifier humidifier is perhaps one the best low budget devices for humidifying homes. It is built to keep rooms as large 700 square feet moist at optimum levels for up to 10 hours. And if you want your house to stay fresh and smelling good all the time, there is no better device to help achieve that purpose. It comes with two fragrances, probably great for offices and sitting rooms.
- Odor Removal. This small device is built with a technology that sucks off odors and gases, while replacing them with the fresh smelling fragrances it comes with. And since the nice smelling air it releases is also cool, your skin can no longer suffer with dryness during the winter or at any other time whatsoever.
- Safety Features. The air purifier also comes with an auto shut off function once you pick up the top up.
- Quiet Operation. Apparently, there has been almost no complaints about the machine when it comes to noise production because it produces none. It is whisper silent, which means that you could place it in almost any room, big or small.
- Great design and easy to use. The device resembles a baseball cap, but the blue and silver colors do make it look really appealing. On the other hand, there is little you need to learn about the device when it comes to usage as you only need to plug in, and off you go.
- Multiple uses. Whether you are in need of aromatherapy, you want your house humidified, or the air quality in your house doesn’t please you, there is something that the water based air purifier humidifier could do for you. Still, people with anxiety disorders or insomnia can still add their medication essential oils into the device and sleep with peace or reduce anxiety.
- Comes with a one year warranty.
Best Air Purifier Humidifier Combo Comparison
|Venta Airwasher||400 sq ft||no filter, water is the filter; cold water evaporation technology||11.8 x 13 x 11.8||2 gallon capacity, No "white dust"|
|Sharp KC-850U||254 sq ft||True HEPA and Plasmacluster technology (CADR for Dust 164 / Smoke 164 / Pollen 174)||14.9 x 10.5 x 23.1||Energy Star rated, automatic air quality monitoring, noise level 19 dBA on Low|
|Dreval D-850||430 sq ft||HEPA; Antimicrobial; Cold Catalyst; Activated Carbon Filters||14.1 x 22.2 x 7.6||Negative Anion Release, remote control, UV Ultraviolet Sterilise Light|
|Honeywell HCM-350||medium sized rooms||Wicking filter, Protec Antimicrobially Treated Filter||18.6 x 10.4 x 13||Self Regulating Evaporative System, 2 gallon tank, 3 speed settings|
|Aromatherapy ZHIKE||medium sized rooms||ultrasonic technology, FAN technology||6.7 x 6.7 x 5.1||ultrasonic atomisation, serves also as night light|
|New Comfort Water Air Purifier||500 sq ft||Air purifying and humidifying||8 x 8 x 8||also acts as an aroma diffuser|
Air Purifier VS Humidifier
They say that clean air is healthy air, and that is why most people will spend hundreds of dollars in home cleaning services each year, and in buying air purifiers and humidifiers. Both devices are especially crucial in our homes because the air purifier will remove smoke and dust while the humidifier will make you house feel cooler. Here are other features that come with the two devices.
Air Purifier Advantages
- Removes contaminants in the air, which highly helps prevent allergenic conditions.
- They eliminate common smoking, pet and liquid solutions odors in your house.
- They eliminate bacteria and viruses, which could otherwise bring illnesses to your home.
- Adds water to the air of an indoor environment, thus helping prevent skin dryness or relates respiratory problems.
- Reduces static electricity in the air.
- Prevent wood and furniture from cracking because of an increase humid condition.
- Eases the intensity of asthma while also preserving the general appearance of a room.
Note that while having separate air purifiers and humidifiers could have some advantages, buying an air purifier that could humidifier the house is the better option for most people these days. It is cost saving and equally efficient.
Correlation between Humidity and Human Body
Humidity generally refers to the amount of moisture in the air, but you can hardly see it even though moisture is basically water. You can only tell that a room is more humid, or feel it in your body. Usually, when exposed to a room that is less humid, your body reacts by sweating, dry lips, or sometimes difficulties with breathing. On the other hand, a very humid room means there is a lot of moisture in the air, and that could easily make you feel cold. The presence of humidity or the lack of it in a house can have several implications in our body as seen below.
Effect on the Body’s Energy Levels
In a typical environment, the body must always work to ensure there is the equilibrium between the internal temperatures and external temperatures. If the weather is hot outside, the body will fight back by sweating, and thus cool off the skin. Unfortunately when there is too much humidity in the air, the extra heat produced by our bodies can’t be released off, and thus the body can only direct the extra heat onto the skin surfaces at the expenses of major organs like the brain; which explains why you feel so tired on a humid day.
Effects on Physical Health
As you may have noted over the years, the body doesn’t like too much heat, and neither does it like it when it is so cold and moist. In fact, too much humidity in the air often linked with high cases of asthmatic attacks, while the lack of humidity causes the skin to become dry. In addition, study shows that the interaction between humid air and our bodies often lead to an increase in nasal congestions.
Effects on the Eyes and Skin
Low humidity in the house is a leading cause of irritated eyes and dry skin, mainly because dry air leads to an increase in evaporation of tears or skin moisture.
The Advantages of Air Purifier Humidifier Combo
Both air purifiers and humidifiers are an important element in our homes, and if you can afford to get a device that does both the functions of an air purifier and a humidifier, you could benefit from the following,
- Eliminates dust, dirt and pollen particles could increase germ related infections in your house
- They are cost effective because a single device offer services that could have been offered by two separate devices.
- They clean out odors in your houses. The best air purifier humidifier combos are especially efficient at eliminating all types of pet odors, smoking, cooking or liquid solutions’ odors
- They humidify homes and thus protect your skin, eyes and your overall health conditions. A very dry and cold room, for instance, can lead to more flu infections, dryer skins and heat strokes at some points.
- They release stress and could relieve your mood. When you breathe in the dirty air you get sick, and when you get sick your mood dampens. Again some of the top rated air purifier humidifier combos have stress reliving functions, including their therapeutic functions.
- They make fresh your home and make it smell good. Try out some of the top air purifier humidifier combos with air freshening capabilities, and you will forever cherish living in your house. Some of them also have aromatherapy functions, or anxiety reducing effects, especially when used together with the right essential products.
- Reduces your medical bills to a great extent. With a good device, you can live in a house free of bacteria, germs, viruses and the effects of dry air, which then translates to more diseases prevented.
- Most of them are portable and have highly useful features, like a digital smart screen.
After viewing some of the best air purifier humidifier combo devices the market has to offer, you can now comfortably evaluate your personal expectations from these crucial elements and select one for your home. The biggest benefit as highlighted above is that you get more functions from a single device and at a less expensive price, which you could otherwise never get while buying either an air purifier or a humidifier. However, be sure to learn more about the main factors to consider while buying such a device, so that you only end up with the most suitable device for your particular needs.