When you don’t come from a heavily polluted city, or when you don’t suffer from any allergies, it is hard to understand the importance of having an air purifier in your house. However, if you have already started your search for the best air purifier and haven’t found one that can suit your needs, stick with me for a few more minutes as we review one of the gaining popularity air purifiers in the stores today. Keep on reading this Winix Plasma Wave 5300 review that says it all.
One of the biggest benefits this device offers is fast air purification that isn’t affected by ozone production. In fact, this device produces no ozone at all, since it breaks down pollen particles at a molecular level before destroying them. It is also a device with great value for money as you will see below.
Features of Winix Plasma Wave 5300 Reviewed
The Winix Plasma Wave 5300 is a perfect fit for any bedroom or reading room as it operates on a very low noise level. In fact, throughout its three levels of air cleaning, the device produces lower than a normal conversation noise level; a feature that has garnered it a lot of positive remarks in Winix Plasma Wave 5300 reviews. In addition, the air purifier is capable of cleaning air in a 360 sq.ft area efficiently, which gives you another reason why you need it for your bedroom or sitting room.
3-Stage Efficient Air Cleaning
Winix Plasma Wave 5300 is a HEPA air purifier that provides efficient removal of unwanted particles from the air in your house. Air goes in through the carbon pre-filter chamber, where the device attracts the large dust and pollen particles, pet hair, bad odors in the house and other unwanted gases. After that, through the machine’s HEPA filter, 99.97% of remaining pollen and unwanted allergens gets captured and destroyed from your house. Even the tiny pet dander and smoke odors get captured at this stage too before the machine does a final but optional thorough cleaning that ensures the air in your house is as clean as nature intended.
Great Portable Design
The Winix 5300 is one of the lightest and most portable air purifiers available in online stores. It only weighs 25lbs, which means that you can place and shift it from one room of your house to another when you need to. On the other hand, the device comes in a fairly good looking shape, one that makes it resemble more of a small cabinet rather than an air purifier.
Easy to Use Features
With a one push button, the device offers a fast and convenient way to operate it. In addition, once the device is on and working, it runs smoothly and efficiently without any need for your intervention. In fact, the only time you have to touch it is when shifting it from one room to another or when changing an air filter; which takes about one year to replace as many reviews have revealed.
Air Quality Sensor
Winix Plasma Wave 5300 has a built-in sensor that senses air quality in the house automatically. And because the device has a high efficiency rate, you can almost have no worries about ever getting low air quality levels after its operation. Experts do advise that you keep your doors and windows clean at all times for better air quality and more efficient air cleaning.
Auto Mode Features
When you want to save your electricity bills, the auto mode lets you operate the air purifier at its lowest setting, which works by reducing the speed of its fans. A sleep mode, on the other hand, detects darkness and reduces the fans’ speeds while also dimming all its indicator lights to give you peace while asleep. Note also that the air purifier can auto adjust to increase its speed once the air quality indicator senses an increase in pollutant levels in your house.
The adjustment works in turns, right from the lowest speed, which only consumes about 34 watts of power to the highest speed setting, the turbo setting. It is the fastest and most efficient setting for cleaning air in any room. It, however, consumes 128 watts of power per every run.
Extra Carbon Filter Pack
In most retail stores, and mostly when bought directly from the manufacturer, customers get a bonus of 3 extra pre-filers which can help you for the next one year.
Pros and Cons of the Winix Plasma WAVE 5300
- Value for your money. Winix Plasma Wave 5300 is one of the most affordable air purifiers that have many high-end features. In fact, each of its features is modern and meaningful, which makes the device achieve a lot of efficiency in the house.
- Covers a large cleaning space. With a potential to cover 360 sq. feet of a house and clean the air effectively, Winix is worth its price tag. Besides, it is AHAM certified and has an air quality sensor that helps you know when you need to increase its performance.
- Simple good looking design. Apart from its lightness, the device is also sleek and elegant to look at.
- It has an auto sleep mode- You have no excuses not to sleep when using Winix 5300 because its auto sleep mode dims all nights and lowers the fan speed accordingly when it senses darkness.
- Has a filter change indicator beside being Energy Start qualified. The device filter’s replacement indicator is a great plus, while its low energy consumption is everything an air purifier owner would wish for in a machine.
- Not efficient at removing odors- The device’s carbon level is a bit low, which makes it inefficient when removing gases and unwanted odors in the house.
- Its warranty runs for only one year.
The Winix Plasma Wave 5300 Review also shows that it has a large air cleaning coverage, 99.7% air cleaning efficiency rates and many modern features leaves you no reason not to buy this machine. In fact, this Winix model has virtually all of the meaningful features the more expensive models of air purifiers have, only that its features come at a much lower price tag. Another model from the Winix brand that is worth considering is WAC9500 air purifier.